Bike Tools and Spare Parts
After many combined years of cycling and bike messengering, we are both confident with on-the-road-repairs. We always carry the tools necessary to repair or replace a blown tube or tire for our bikes and trailers as well as the Allen keys and wrenches necessary to tighten the things that might need tightening. On this trip we will be venturing outside of the comfort of big cities wielding spare parts and competent mechanics so we will pack a few extra "just in case" parts. Let us know anything else that has proven useful in the past.
- Spare Tubes (2x 700c, 1x trailer)
- Patch Kits (10 self adhesive patches)
- Spare Tires (1 folding 700c, 1 trailer)
- Tire Lifters (x3)
- Hand Pump.
- Allen Keys in all sizes appearing on the bikes. (AKA internal hex-wrenches)
- 15 Wrench (good for pedals and bolts) (AKA external hex-wrench)
- Chain Punch (you're not supposed to unlink 10-spd chains, but it will tie us over in emergencies)
- Brake Pads (2 sets)
- Lights (We don't typically travel at night, these are for late or stormy rides)
- Screw drivers (we want to be able to repair anything in our gear)
- Chain Lube
- Spare Cables (brake and gear)
- Spare Derailleur Hangers (x2)
- Spare spokes, two sizes, rear has different lengths, front are the same as rear non-drive side.
- Spoke wrench, since spokes alone wont do much good.
- Cone wrenches 13-14 and 16-17 so we can service the hub-bearings.
- Bottom bracket wrench (the new bikes have (new) external BB's so we had to get a new wrench as well).